Nike’s ad for Euro 2012

I have to confess that I don’t really get it.

Why are they all in those shirts? Or not in those shirts? Or in suits?

And what are they all trying to do?

And why?

I feel as if someone has just shoved a massive clusterfuck through my eyes and into my brain.

Comments 20

1. Some Old Guy wrote:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

…no idea.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 2:25 pm
  2. Cock knocker wrote:

Biggest shit-fest since Muller.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 2:30 pm
  3. Another Ben wrote:

Erm… It looks like they just wanted to repeat the Write the Future ad to me. Has exactly the same look and feel, but without the story.

I remember when Nike Football ads used to be really good. When the best players in the world dazzled with their silky skills without relying on CGI. When Ronaldo hit the post in the airport and Cantona volleyed the ball through the chest of the devil. Every ad was exciting. Every ad made me want to go out and try the tricks against my mates in the park.

Not now.

And what is Neymar doing in the ad for the Euro’s? He’s fucking Brazilian!

Maybe Nike should change its tagline to Just Drivel.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 2:31 pm
  4. Anon33 wrote:

what what??

Posted 18 May 2012 at 2:45 pm
  5. Mister Gash wrote:

Ben. I think you’ll find that there are some rare insights in this piece of work. Together with some original and engaging observations.

Actually. Fuck that.

The production budget for this thing could have bailed Greece out of its debt crisis and saved the Eurozone.

Thanks Nike. You could have saved the Eurozone. But you’d rather flog some brightly coloured boots. Selfish bastards.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 3:04 pm
  6. ben wrote:

Pato, who features quite heavily, is also Brazilian.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 3:07 pm
  7. Monkeyman wrote:

The ad doesn’t make a great deal of sense. But when you click through for the interactive film online (http://www.youtube.com/user/nikefootball?annotation_id=annotation_739162&feature=iv&src_vid=QMv8g8CO4cQ) there are some ‘funny’ moments/interactions; Such as Ballotelli in the barber shop and the Vapor boot Sonic the hedgehog game. It’s still very messy though.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 3:11 pm
  8. michaelknight wrote:

I’ll go to the next shoe store and buy 10 pairs of the most expensive Nike soccer shoes they got. Then, I’ll buy a gallon of petrol and light them all on fire, publicly. When I get arrested after and put in front of the judge, I’ll tell him this ad made me do it. He’ll watch it and still put me in jail. Not because I lit them on fire, but because I didn’t light ENOUGH of them on fire.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 3:38 pm
  9. GOUT-LEGS wrote:

i’ve seen this technique before.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 3:52 pm
  10. ben wrote:

So have I. In a couple of dozen Nike and Adidas ads.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 4:05 pm
  11. Jim wrote:

It’s not very realistic is it?

Posted 18 May 2012 at 4:57 pm
  12. ECD Egypt wrote:

this ad would be good if it had messi in it.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 5:05 pm
  13. Naughty Creative wrote:

Dogshit.

Posted 18 May 2012 at 5:07 pm
  14. Bentos wrote:

Go through to the YouTube Channel and have a play:

You never know, you might enjoy it

Posted 18 May 2012 at 5:09 pm
  15. john p woods wrote:

RVP tracking back? Never in a month of Saturdays!

Posted 18 May 2012 at 6:56 pm
  16. Some Old Guy wrote:

If you have to go to a website or YouTube for it to make sense, I’m not interested.

Posted 19 May 2012 at 12:34 pm
  17. Homs ECD wrote:

Terrible terrible mess. Haven’t got a clue.

Have you seen Ronaldo at the end with a crop top version of the shirt on.

Gave me a semi.

Posted 21 May 2012 at 10:02 am
  18. Harry Styles barnet wrote:

Car accident aside, Ribery is one ugly mother…almost as ugly as the ad.

Also, why is Hernandez there? Mexico isn’t in Europe (although I couldn’t be sure. Did terrible at geography me).

Posted 21 May 2012 at 12:32 pm
  19. alan hansen wrote:

well I don’t know. But I sure do like Cristiano’s tight pink t shirt.

Posted 23 May 2012 at 11:31 am
  20. Muff Day wrote:

fuck the pope i found all 82 tunnels weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted 24 May 2012 at 5:09 pm