Ship the bed has a lot to answer for

Contrived, unfunny and when you look at the icing on the bun, kinda gross*.

*I’m in LA, so now I say things like ‘kinda gross’.

UPDATE (thanks, Nobby):

Comments 11

1. steakandcheese wrote:

Instant diabetes.

Posted 09 Jul 2014 at 11:14 pm
  2. Rob Hatfield wrote:

Symptomatic of the utter demise of advertising in the U.S. A masturbation reference for selling cinnamon buns? Is this what the ad business has come to? I’m no Puritan, but I do know crass and tasteless when I see it. Where are the leagues of horrified Christians? Where are the Mothers for Morality?

Infantile creatives selling ideas to clueless clients. Poke me with a laser fork. I’m done.

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 12:36 am
  3. Rob Hatfield wrote:

P.S. Ben.
    Welcome to America. I hope you can change things. Or at least, make a valiant attempt.

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 2:05 am
  4. ben wrote:

I’m not here (permanently) yet.

Two weeks on Friday is the big day.

And if I don’t bring about gun control I will have considered my visit a massive failure.

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 6:39 am
  5. nobby wrote:

Would have worked better for Spunkmeyer muffins by the way.

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 11:19 am
  6. Mister Gash wrote:

Good luck with that objective Ben. Certainly helped Piers Morgan’s popularity…

Do we think the client knew what was going on here? I remember an ad for Harveys furniture where the dialogue started with two women – one saying ‘and then he gave me a pearl neckless’. Just for the amusement of the creatives and the director (you know who you are boys…).

Maybe Carl Jr Jr knew. Maybe he didn’t.

Okay. He did. And it’s rubbish. ‘Hey – our icing tastes better than cum! Heh heh heh’. Sad.

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 11:44 am
  7. Jim wrote:

You’ll be pulling one off for guns in a few weeks Ben.

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 1:52 pm
  8. Dave wrote:

While we’re on American adverts – possible thing for the Friday blog Ben.

Russell Brand looks at 3 US adverts, then spends 11 minutes telling us why they are like, really bad yeah?:

…and here’s a bunch of adverts he did for HP, which are obviously different:

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 9:37 pm
  9. ben wrote:

Thanks. I might make that a whole post next week. Or not. Anyway it’s here if people want to see it (and quite interesting).

Posted 10 Jul 2014 at 10:11 pm
  10. Rob Hatfield wrote:

Ben,
    If gun control is your objective, you set yourself up for sublime failure.

(The…forces…are…too…strong…)

Help us with the advertising.

One goal at a time.

You can do this!

Posted 11 Jul 2014 at 2:53 am
  11. steakandcheese wrote:

Nice to see Russel not just talking the talk but walking it. I bet they just gave him the tablet, briefly explained the feature and let him do his thing.

Loved the way he said “they just done the mood board as the advert”.

Posted 11 Jul 2014 at 10:00 am